Wow your guests with this surprisingly decadent and chocolatey dessert! It requires minimal preparation and is surprisingly easy to whip up. Cacao powder and cacao nibs are full of antioxidants and maca powder is great for energy and balance, while coconut oil and cashews add healthy fats. No wonder this amazing dessert is one of my very favorites for clean eating and healthy living!
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked 4 hours, rinsed and drained.
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw unfiltered honey
- 1/8 cup cacao powder
- 1/8 cup maca powder 1 tsp milled or ground chia seed powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 1/8 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- crushed walnuts (optional for topping)
- chocolate chips (optional for topping)
- shaved chocolate (optional for topping)
- cacao nibs (optional for topping)
- Combine cashews, almond milk, coconut oil, honey, cacao powder, maca powder, chia seed powder, vanilla extract, almond extract, cinnamon, cardamom and salt in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into ramekins or small glass bowls.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4-6 hours.
- To serve, garnish with shaved chocolate, crushed walnuts, chocolate chips or cacao nibs. In a pinch you can also sprinkle some extra cacao powder or maca powder on top.
Yields: 4 servings